At the FAA Northwest Mountain Region annual conference held in Seattle March 28-30, Deputy Regional Administrator David Suomi provided an overview to the soon to be released new Part 107. In the spring of 2015 the FAA sought public comment on a proposed rule making that would provide new guidelines for small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) that could reduce requirements such as pilot certification and provide new opportunities to enhance UAS operations with the use of observers and similar improvements. The rule making received more than 4500 comments. The FAA intends to publish the new Part 107 by the end of June 2016.
About The Author
Jennifer Ferrero has worked with the Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing since 2008, and has been involved with this organization since inception. She provides marketing, public relations, and content services to COE UAS.
February 29, 2016
January 24, 2017
April 6, 2016
April 19, 2016
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
- FARM BUREAU CONVENTION on January 11, 2019
- UNMANNED FOR GOOD: PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT WITH UNMANNED SYSTEMS on January 23, 2019 12:00 pm
- TRUCK PLATOONING: STEPS TOWARDS 1ST GENERATION AUTOMATION on February 6, 2019 12:00 pm
- International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) on March 4, 2019
- XPONENTIAL 2019 on April 29, 2019