This story represents the opinion of a source identified as representing the ACLU. In the interest of transparency this article portrays one side of a story, however it is missing some facts. Among them, strong leadership from the Governor’s office and Alex Alben that resulted in completed guidelines for state agencies, and several state agencies with complete or substantially complete policies. The article also omits a strong presence and involvement in Washington state by the FAA. Nonetheless, sharing diverse perspectives contributes to the collective benefit of all.
About The Author
Jennifer Ferrero has worked with the Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing since 2008, and has been involved with this organization since inception. She provides marketing, public relations, and content services to COE UAS.
January 4, 2017
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
- EXPLORING GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE SECTOR APPLICATIONS OF UAS/DRONES IN WASHINGTON on June 28, 2018 8:00 am
- Automated Vehicles Symposium 2018 on July 9, 2018
- AUVSI CASCADE CHAPTER: NETWORKING SOCIAL GENEROUSLY HOSTED BY PERKINS COIE on July 19, 2018 4:30 pm
- Save the Date: Drones, Droids and Unmanned Systems at Work on September 26, 2018
- Webinar: Establishing a Professional Micro-Aviation (Drone) Program on October 23, 2018 11:00 am